In keeping with Shaw Neighborhood Improvement Association’s (SNIA) mission to “improve and
maintain the quality of life of all Shaw residents,” we offer the Shaw Helping Hands Grant
program to assist those who share that vision and are taking an active part in making it a reality.
We thank you for your commitment to making Shaw a strong and vibrant neighborhood and your
willingness to work hands-on toward that goal.
Specifically, SNIA invites proposals to benefit the quality of life of Shaw residents. Past recipients
of the grant have addressed artistic, educational, environmental, youth, and social needs in the
neighborhood. Depending on requests, we anticipate funding five proposals.
- Funding is available for not-for-profit entities or a group of individual residents.
- Grants for organizations will be dispersed as a single award; expenditure of which shall be detailed in the recipient’s final report.
- Funding awarded to individual residents without non-profit status will only cover specific supplies for a project or program. Purchases may be made directly by SNIA or can be cost-reimbursable to the recipient.
- Funding requests can be up to $2,000.
- Projects and programs cannot promote or oppose any political or religious cause or position.
- Proposed projects and programs must be completed within one year of the start date.
Proposals are due June 1.
See the RFP for details: 2018_SNIA_HelpingHands_App