The Shaw Neighborhood Improvement Association (SNIA) is a non-profit organization that was incorporated in 1975. The SNIA serves the residents of the Shaw neighborhood by providing information, facilitating discussion, and acting on solutions.
View the meeting schedule.
SNIA’s Shaw neighborhood meetings (click that link for all meeting minutes) provide opportunities to personally interact with our ward’s Alderman, the 2nd District Police, our City’s Circuit Attorney’s office, the Neighborhood Improvement Specialist, SNIA Officers, as well as to meet other residents of our community. The Chairs of each SNIA committee are present at meetings to provide updates and answer questions pertaining to committee activities. Meeting agendas address current issues that are relevant to Shaw Neighborhood and St. Louis City. Shaw neighborhood meetings are held bimonthly at Tower Grove Church, 4257 Magnolia Ave.
The corporation is managed by an Executive Committee and governed by the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is comprised of representatives of each block in the Shaw Neighborhood. The Board of Directors meet every other month at Tower Grove Church, 4257 Magnolia Ave. Read SNIA’s bylaws.
By joining SNIA, your donation goes directly to supporting the many programs and activities that SNIA members and committee chairs organize and work on to enhance the quality of life in Shaw. Aside from our superstar part-time officer manager, SNIA is completely volunteer-run. Some of the programs that your donation supports include:
- FREE ADMISSION to the renowned Historic Shaw Art Fair, which is going on its 26th year,
- FREE Deals & Discounts with local businesses,
- Helping Hands grants, which support nonprofit organizations who work in and around Shaw, particularly with youth,
- the Shaw Dog Park,
- beautification of Shaw, from restoration and maintenance of our green spaces to working with the City on streetscape improvements,
- engagement with the youth of our neighborhood through various projects, including the Shaw Community Center,
- management of information related to the Shaw neighborhood, including linking interested buyers and renters with future neighbors, managing social media, and archiving of historic information,
- promoting events occurring in and around the neighborhood, like the Tower Grove Farmer’s Market, Whitaker Music Festival, and Food Truck Friday,