SNIA Committees are small groups that meet regularly to work on issues important to the community—from safety and crime prevention to dog park maintenance and neighborhood promotion—and are a great way to get involved and meet other Shaw residents. Committee volunteers generally serve for at least one year and commit to attend regular meetings and work on projects outside the committee meeting times. Meeting schedules are determined by the individual committee. Work load varies by committee.
- Art Fair—Chairs: Ben Mudd & Doug Williams
Committee members plan the Historic Shaw Art Fair, which is held every fall.
- Beautification—Chair: Pat McEvoy
Plans, promotes, and completes projects to keep Shaw clean and blooming.
- Block Captain Liaison – Chair: Jenny Gerstner
Volunteer to represent your block. Block captains are also SNIA board members.
- Shaw Socials Coordinator: Marty Dames
Plans social events, including the popular Shaw Young Professionals happy hours.
- Dog Park – Chair: Denise Evans
Manages maintenance and membership of the Shaw Dog Park.
- Communications—Chair: Emma Klues
Promotes and manages information related to Shaw and SNIA within the neighborhood and throughout St. Louis, including managing the web and social media platforms.
- Membership – Chair: Jan Tucker
Promotes membership in the Shaw Neighborhood Improvement Association.
- Safety—Chair: Paul Fehler
Works with the Police Department, prosecuting attorney, neighborhood stabilization officer and alderman to prevent and address crime.
- Shaw Community Center Coordinator: Stefanie Moore
- Shaw Community Conversations Chair: Byron Keelin
Shaw Conversations are frequent and ongoing opportunities for open and honest conversations among ALL Shaw Neighborhood residents regarding issues of social inequality.
- Youth – Erin Herrera
Send any committee chair a note with the form below!