Already a Shaw resident? Then, join NextDoor Shaw to participate in the online conversation with your neighbors. NextDoor Shaw is the online social network for Shaw residents. Keep track of neighborhood announcements, connect with other Shaw pet owners, bikers, gardeners, chicken keepers and more. There are over 1100 Shaw neighbors on NextDoor. A street address in Shaw is required to join NextDoor Shaw.
Part of SNIA? Read below!
The SNIA Communications Committee Invites You To Share Your News!
Who: Anyone serving SNIA
What: Examples of things you might want us to share:
- Completion of a new project (Thurman Underpass)
- Announcement of any new initiatives (“We’re starting a ____ task force, please join us!” or “New summer camp program for Shaw youth, spread the word!”)
- Call for volunteers or participation in a poll, event, etc.
- Upcoming events or meetings
- Anything fun, such as a photo from your last event or block party, a story of something you just learned about Shaw, or perhaps some history about the neighborhood
When: Anytime, but please give us 72+ hours notice to promote events or dates!
Where: We can put your information on the follow as applicable:
- Shawstlouis.org on either a page of the site or as a blog post
- Shawstlouis.org on our events calendar
- Facebook – SNIA (and Historic Shaw Art Fair as applicable)
- Twitter – SNIA (and Historic Shaw Art Fair as applicable)
- Shaw NextDoor
- Quarterly e-newsletter
- Annual hard copy newsletter
Why: We all know that Shaw is a vibrant, active community. We want to make sure that others know about our activities, but also show the entire region how much we have going on! Our communications can help you gain participation or attendance, but also showcase Shaw publicly as a great place to live, work and play.
How: Email email@example.com with your news, including photos and a list of any relevant partners involved. Please also include as much info you can about the timeliness of your activity (if it’s around a specific date or a limited time). Questions welcome to Laura & Emma at the email address above or at any meeting! Please remember that we reserve the right to adjust the distribution of info as it makes sense with the calendar and/or mission of SNIA.